My introduction to helping people and psychology both came about, as a result of following my mom's example and the Bob Newhart Show. My mother was a natural people person with a keen interest and background in psychology. My take-away from the Bob Newhart Show drove home the needs for humor and light-heartedness as well as a genuine love for what you do. I believe that those qualities: love for people and my passion and seeing the humor in things truly define me, both as a therapist and a person. My academic journey led me to both bachelors and masters degrees from The University of Northern Colorado and included intensive training in Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Hypnotherapy during my sabbatical in between my degrees. With a strong theoretical base supporting me, I moved forward and was able to blend my education with twenty years of real-world experience. I went on and diversified my experience as I worked in community counseling, community corrections, Inpatient psychiatric hospitals, and pivate practice. Although our learning never ceases, I feel very comfortable and sincere in offering clients my wealth of experience, knowlege of human behavior, and most of all, a kind ear.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, University of Northern Colorado (1990)
- Master of Arts in School Counseling/Community Counseling, University of Northern Colorado (2001)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Certified Addiction Counselor- Level 3 (CACIII)
- Certified Hypnotherapist (CHt)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming- Certified Practictioner (NLP-P)